Thursday, 23 July 2015

Evil Minion!

Hi!

As promised, here's the first of Marik Goldhelm's Evil Minions!

 Evil Minion

I decided to go for a similar style of gear as Marik himself but decidedly more beaten up and poorly kept so there's lots of scratches, chips and rust to give him a rather grubby finish than the Dwarves of the Boar Company for example. If I was to do him again, I suspect I would give him chipped enamelled armour to make him a bit brighter but quite like the way he looks for the time being.

Marik and Minion 

Hopefully I will be able to finish a second one this evening to add to Marik's retinue as well as a pair of Boar Company troopers awaiting getting cooked (It sounds a bit creepy but the fimo they are made of needs cooked in the oven to cure!). If I can keep up the momentum, I should have a couple of decent warbands ready for my holidays and the campaigning season can begin!

Grimli and The Boar Company bump into Marik, who's obviously up to something nefarious!

I must admit that this project continues to entertain me hugely and I hope to start adding a few NPCs and denizens of Aeroth over the next week or two!

All the best!

3 comments:

  1. i like the look. Where did you get the minion model?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      Thanks for the comments! All the super deformed and stylised figures on this blog are sculpted by myself (although I've also just ordered some goodies from Zombiesmith during their summer sale!)

      All the best!

      Delete
    2. Wow. The "holes in the mask" look is a good job by you.

      Delete