Saturday, 22 August 2015

Wildling and Terrain!

Hi!

Well I've been off camping over the last few days so haven't had much chance to get any painting or sculpting done but last night I finished off a couple of bits and bobs that had been lurking on my painting table for a while.

Firstly there's my Wildling scout:

Wildling Scout

I've fancied sculpting some Beastmen for a while as I've never been too keen on the whole evil goat thing that's so popular and looking for something a bit different for my Boar Company inspired me to sculpt this little fellow!

Porcine Buttocks

Armed with a handful of javelins, the Wildling Scout will make a fine addition to my Boar Company until I get chance to sculpt a few more at which time they will be getting their own warband! I think I have managed to push my sculpting skills a bit with getting the little chap put together and really like his style so expect some more of the little guys soon!

It's not all been about painting a pot bellied porker though! I also managed to finish off a piece of scenery for my games in the form of an adobe storage shed:

 Storage Shed

Made from a small cardboard box available from Hobbycraft for about £1.25, it was originally built for my 15mm scale gubbins but I found it to be ideal for use for the new scale. I found the finish a bit dull initially so added some red detailing around the doorway which livens it up perfectly. If I was to make another, I think I would add a dome to the roof to give it a more authentic look to it. I am also considering adding cork tile walls so it has the proper style too...

Windows

Handily I have enough of the boxes to make an entire village so watch this space for more stuff!

I think I will post an article over the next couple of days chronicling my progress at adding some more terrain to my stylised gaming surface as well as a battle report to liven things up a bit, especially as the Boar Company has a couple of new additions as will Marik's warband!

Till then, All the best!

3 comments:

  1. Really like the wildling and am enjoying your style of sculpting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant - shame that you are not marketing these. I'd love to pick up a set! :)

    ReplyDelete