Friday, 1 September 2017

Endless: Fantasy Tactics Challenge Part 1

Hi!

As I've already mentioned over on Tales From Farpoint, I have decided to run a bit of a challenge for myself to make a small gaming board and two warbands for On The Lamb Games' Endless: Fantasy Tactics.



The game itself is a board/wargame hybrid that is very heavily influenced by the type of isometric 3d RPG games that SNES players will fondly remember and having given the rules a quick once over, I really want to give them a bit of a try.


What I don't have is any of the miniatures that have been produced for it. My problem with them is that I just didn't like the scale. 35mm is too big! Therefore I am going to try and sculpt my own figures in a rather more stylised fashion and try to put together a small board to play some games on.

I'll be taking the action out of the Endless setting and into Aeroth as I'm interested to see how well it works as a skirmish/RPG lite sort of game so the figures will need to fit in with my collection and the board will be decidedly desert themed too!

The challenging part is going to be getting it all done in the month that I've allowed myself!

I plan on posting one entry a week here to show progress and hopefully I'll be able to actually play a game in October!

In the meantime, All the best!

3 comments:

  1. That's a magnificent board, to bad the company is going to seize to exist shortly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is isn't it! Sadly it's not mine but taken from On The Lambs website.

      The game itself is rather fun but the miniatures are 35mm scale and the designers seem to have wobbled between cartoony computer game and a bit too realistic which may have put people off (plus the rulebook being about $40 in PDF when they first released it!)

      Still, I do look forward to having a go at putting something together!

      All the best!

      Delete
    2. It is isn't it! Sadly it's not mine but taken from On The Lambs website.

      The game itself is rather fun but the miniatures are 35mm scale and the designers seem to have wobbled between cartoony computer game and a bit too realistic which may have put people off (plus the rulebook being about $40 in PDF when they first released it!)

      Still, I do look forward to having a go at putting something together!

      All the best!

      Delete